The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-02-24

Sakura Matsuri

Now, really, did you think the Jet Set Chick would not mention a festival celebrating delicate pink cherry blossoms? Soon it will be party time in Washington, and I don't mean anything political.

Nope, I personally never made it there in time. I did see quite a few of the petals blowing around the last time I was in DC, but I didn't get to see them in all their glory. Damn. Will post a link to a cherry blossom cam as soon as one is up & running.

In the meantime, if you have some spare time and want to see DC at it's loveliest, start making your plans. This site has the details on what's happening and what's (relatively) cheap. Enjoy!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    I still need to time that correctly as well. Not easy to plan a trip to the evil side of the world when timing is required. I suppose I will have to survive on friend's pics each year.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    Cute pic.... So I take it JFK was not liked by many cats because of his love of dogs?

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Nope, Dad worked for the airlines until he retired, just like my Uncle Pete (Dad - Hughes Airwest & Republic, Pete - Eastern), and my mom worked for them too until she had me (Braniff & TWA).
    I was going to work for them when I got out of college, but....have you seen what they pay now? It makes guvmint service look damn good by comparison!
    Both uncles (Pete & Joe) served (Navy & Army, respectively, in WW2).
    And if any veterans are reading this, thanks for your service, ladies and gentlemen!!!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    KO,
    I think the gun with kitten gives us the idea that you were a sniper in the military though I suppose the Air Force does not need many of those. Hmmmm....

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    There's no deep meaning behind the kitten picture. I just like it! And since I can't post it at the Black Flag Cafe bulletin board(file just a hair over their size limits for an avatar), I'm using it here.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    KO with no deep meaning? I am shocked!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home