The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-16

The Best Airline Layover Party Ever....

There's only one group of people who have more fun than Americans do, in my humble opinion....the Australians.

I'm sure that many of you have seen the supposed posting at the top of this link before. However, the really funny part is halfway down the page, which supposedly is a real letter detailing what happened during a Qantas layover that apparently caused a small international incident. I make no promises as to the veracity of the letter. Go there now.

Just to let you know, you might not want to be drinking or eating anything when you read it. The Jet Set Chick assumes NO responsibility for property damage if you ignore that suggestion....

5 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger eLarson said…

    Did you ever hear the story (possibly apocryphal) about the guy who while dozing off at LAX (I believe... it could also have been Honolulu) and he hears the last call for Oakland...

    so he moves to the new gate--new gate?--gets the wave in from the ready-to-depart crew, drops into a seat and coach and falls asleep.

    19 hours later (or whatever) he wakes up in Auckland.

    I wish I remembered all the sundry funny bits. If you know it, could you point us (well, okay, me) at it?

    Thanks,
    eL

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    eL -- I'm pretty sure that's apocryphal, but I'll see if I can find anything on it. I will definitely post it if I do!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Reminds me of the Great Viking Funeral at my neighbor's house a few weeks ago. Fred's dog, Pup, got flattened about a mile from home so Fred tied a rope to him and dragged him home. He stopped at my place on the way to borrow my Viking helmet (Fred said it sounded like he was dragging a rug) because he wanted to give Pup a viking funeral. Naturally I went along to "help out". Fred built a funeral pyre and placed Pup on it and very liberally splashed kerosene on. Did I mention there was imbibing going on? Fred lit 'Ole Pup of and before we knew it flames had spred to the trailerhouse. Fred ran in to call the Volunteer Fire Department while the rest of us put the fire out. The Volunteers came anyway because they had never seen a Viking funeral. Fred was explaining things to the Chief while holding a beer and wearing my Viking helmet.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Deacon, you scare me, really.

    But if you & Connie the Short Bus Lady are ever out in my neck of the woods....first round's on me!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    I'm mostly harmless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home