The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-17

Cocktail of the Day....Happy St Patrick's Day!!

This one was suggested by my little brother as one to share with the rest of you.

I'm sure you've heard of it....one of his personal favorites, the Irish Car Bomb.

If you want to make it like they do at Michael's Pub in Columbia, Maryland (where they claim to have invented it), here's what you need.

1/2 pint Guinness
1 ounce Jamison
1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Creme

Pour Guinness into a glass. Float Bailey's on top of the Jamison's in a shot glass, then carefully drop it into the Guinness. Drink before it curdles.


Ok, now, the part that kind of gets to me is the "drink before it curdles" part. I mean, ewwwww! It might be wonderful (Tsar Charming says it is), but curdling scares me.

Anyway, if you want something different to go with your pint of Guinness, you can always do what they would do in Dublin if you asked nicely at our hotel bar.

Pour a shot of creme de cassis into your glass before you pour the Guinness. It's delicious.

Happy St Patrick's Day to all Irishmen and Irishwomen.....and ones like me who only wish they were Irish. ERIN GO BRAGH!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    So you are going to make me one of these tomorrow, right?

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    No, dahlink, but I will have my infamous Bailey's Irish Cream cake. Do not drive after eating it.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball, either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home