The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-06

Cocktail of the Week

I've done the Art Detour twice, and both times I saw some small pieces that I would have considered buying if I would have had the money (damn landlord insists that I pay him on time....the absolute nerve!)

This time, me, Tsar Charming, and a friend I'll call Sparkle Girl stepped into Perihelion Arts Gallery and Bookstore. We decided to kill some time until one of my old coworkers, Mary, came to the next door Bikini Lounge to take control of the bar. (Mary, if you're reading this, I want to be like you if and when I grow up.)

Well, I can't afford any of the works that were on sale by Shag this month, so I settled for a book they had on sale called "Bottomless Cocktail". Looking through all these pictures of bossa nova parties featuring martini-slinging monkeys and tiki gods made me thirsty.

I got off my groovy sofa in our swingin' penthouse suite and mixed up an Adult Cherry Coke. I figured after trying the Pink Gin last week, I could use something that goes down sweet and easy.

1 jigger cherry-flavored liqueur
1 can cola
Almond extract (optional, a drop or two should do it)

Pour the cherry liqueur over ice, add the extract if desired, and pour the coke on top.


Remember....no cocktail shaker with this one. The Tsar didn't believe me, and he got to scrub up the floor after his attempt to "improve" it by shaking it up. Heh!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Try a couple of shots of Del Patron (The Boss) Tequila and a small glass of Sangrita.
    Recipe: 1 1/2 cups tomato juice, 3/4 cup fresh orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, dash of worcestershire sauce, 15 dashes hot sauce, celery seed, salt and pepper to taste. Goes great with tequila. If you are ever in Mexico order an El Completo or El Bandera. They'll bring a small glass of tequila and a small glass of sangrita. Take a sip of tequila and then one of sangrita.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Is the pink gin the same as sloe gin? Sloe ginfizzes are great and taste like cherries.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Deacon Blues, tequila and sangrita.....oh yeah, lovely memories of Mexico with that combination!

    Pink gin isn't the same. It's gin & Angostura bitters. Not for the squeamish, and doesn't taste a thing like cherries. I'll have to try that sloe gin fizz thing, since I've got some sloe gin around here somewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home