The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-13

Cocktail of the Week....Sort of.....

Well, kids, I had to add the "sort of" to this regular feature. I've been fighting a sore, dry throat this weekend, so the "Cocktail of the Week" has been Nyquil with a coke chaser. Or orange juice. Once it was chicken noodle soup.

You get the idea.

But while I'm experiencing the mellowed out feeling of all of the above combos you will never get at your neighborhood bar, I've been checking out those state quarters that have been piling up in a ziploc bag we keep in the entertainment armoire. Maybe you haven't heard, but supposedly there is a design change to some Wisconsin quarters.

Look at the corncob behind the cheese. Some quarters have a corncob that's a bit different. They've been turning up in Tucson, so I figure.....maybe a couple have come up to Phoenix? Maybe they're in my little stash? Hmmm....

After all, they're going for about $500 each on Ebay. That will buy a lot of mixers for future cocktails of the week!

Happy hunting if you're heading to your stash of loose change!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I drink theraflu a lot:) It makes
    me sleepy.

    I'll keep an eye out for that quarter-I have a friend who collects them anyway. It makes her
    happy. They have those neat little
    portfolio enevelopes. Yah.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have been fighting the flu at
    our house, too. Is the flu getting
    more and more severe or is just me?
    I never used to get the flu. But then I have a little one now and he seems to catch everything.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Little kids always seem to come down sick, I guess because their immune systems haven't been exposed to everything yet. Hope your little one is doing well right now.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    I'll have to send the Tsar out to get some of that stuff, but I feel a little better today. Thanks for the recommendations, cb/other & half!

    half - why do you think I want to ditch 'em if I found 'em? ;) Unfortunately, they all look the same to me, so I can't tell if I hit the jackpot or not. Probably didn't, I guess.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home