The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-09

Hidden Lake Powell

The five year long drought here in Arizona hasn't been good for almost anyone....except for some houseboaters on Lake Powell.

Sure, the dropping water level has given houseboaters less of a lake to float on, but it has also revealed places that have been submerged and out of reach for years. The water level has dropped an incredible 130 feet! Slot canyons and springs that have been hidden under the lake have been revealed, sometimes for the first time in decades.

This article on DallasNews.com is long, but a good one. Go read the whole thing.

I haven't been to Lake Powell since I was eight, but I think I might have to bring Tsar Charming up there this summer.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Thoth said…

    im have em fobia on news registerin. :)

    hope you and charming haver funtrip tho. :)

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Thanks, Muck, I bet he'll love it.
    I always register with crap information. I usually register as a 90 year old man with 5k in annual income. Who snowboards. ;)

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home