The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-22

I Can't Make this Crap Up!

Still more news of the weird, brought to you today by Zimbabwe.

A woman paid a popular singer about $5000 to bring over four invisible mermaids to help her recover a stolen car and some cash. Supposedly mermaids are seen as powerful avengers against wrongdoing by the Shona people.

The victim never saw the invisible mermaids, which sucks after she shelled out all that cash to put them up at the top ranked Jameson Hotel in Harare, complete with cell phones and power generators.

I don't know if they hit the sushi bar during their stay, so don't ask.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. You only have to do that once
    to realize its a scam, or in my
    case twice. The second time I was
    a little skeptical, I will admit.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Is an invisible mwemaid anything like a sucubus?

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    cb/other, I got this nifty bridge I wanna sell ya..... ;)

    Deacon Blues, well, I guess it depends on what the mermaid is doing for you. ;)

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    BTW, just found this blog. Check out the entry for yesterday.....Mermaid School!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home