The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-30

Keep Your Seatbelts On, You Idjits!!!

Time for a safety tip from the Jet Set Chick....

Yes, it's irritating to sit in those tiny little seats, and downright uncomfortable if you are over, say, 5 foot tall (Sparkle Girl is soooo lucky!!)

But, there's a damn good reason to keep those seatbelts on when approaching the airport for a landing. Turbulence can be sort of fun in a sick way when you are strapped in if you like roller coasters. If you aren't belted in, however, you could end up getting hurt if you get tossed around.

Earlier this week, on a flight from Taiwan to Japan, 37 people were hurt when they hit a particularily ugly patch of turbulence. Some even had to go to the hospital. ALL of that could have been prevented if they had kept the stupid seatbelts on like the foxy flight attendant told them to....

Yeah, I know. I used to think it was crap, too, until I hit a bad patch on a flight a few years back. It was the kind that made most of the passengers grip the armrests (me, being the sick type, thought it would have made a decent ride at Magic Mountain, and would have loved to do it again.) It wasn't until we opened up the overhead bins that I saw how my relatively heavy carryon handled it. I put it up there at the end directly overhead. The bag did a complete flip and was upside down at the other end. Everyone's bags ended up in new and different positions than they originally started in.

Look, a dented bag is an annoyance. A dented head is possibly a night in the hospital.

Ok, end of lecture.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Rested? Ok.....

    BTW, for some reason it won't allow me to answer yer question about Tsar Charming, so I will do it here. He's from Moscow.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    I can't wait to go back either and see how it's changed. (Was there two summers....in 88 and 89, right before the Soviet Union went into the history books.)

    The funny thing is I spent all that time learning Russian, and the Tsar only wants to speak English. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home