The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-24

What I Wish I Could Do Someday....

Hat tip to the Larsonian.....

A master Australian woodworker is putting together a hope chest to raise money for tsunami victims. Dave Shaw is damn good at what he does, and is documenting it step by step on on the previous link.

I hope someday I could make something half as attractive....right now I'll just be happy to not chop off any fingers tonight in class as I put together my clock.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger eLarson said…

    I wish I could do it, too. Someday I may get close... or at least good in my own way and style.

    For now I just work through what I'm going to do in my head, perhaps take a practice pass with all the power off to make sure things don't catch, and then (*gulp*) run 'em through.

    So far I haven't made any serious, gotta-start-over kind of mistakes, though I did manage to stab myself in the left index finger with a 25mm Marples Blue Chip chisel. The odd thing? It didn't really hurt... not until much later, actually, did the throbbing start.

    Ah well... take your time: slow is fast, fast ends up slow. And make sure your tools are sharp.

    You'll be fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home