The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-03-21

Who Says Hollywood Never Had a Good Idea?

I first heard about Modern Drunkard magazine last month while traveling to New Orleans. I don't think there's a better town to actually be a "modern drunkard" in than New Orleans.

Anyway, they have an online edition, and the articles are pretty entertaining. Liver abuse does something magical to a writer.

Can you guess which movie star said this about the world, circa 1950?

The whole world is three drinks behind. If everyone in the world would take three drinks, we would have no trouble. If Stalin, Truman and everybody else in the world had three drinks right now, we’d all loosen up and we wouldn’t need the United Nations.

Stumped? Click here for the answer.

Hint.....he got an Oscar back in 1952 on this day. I think I'll celebrate with a Jack Rose in his honor!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew it! I knew it was humphrey
    bogart:) Casa Blanca is the best
    movie of all time. hands down.

    too many drinks make you grumpy tho...maybe he was talking about
    something else? *cough*:)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Nah, I think Bogie knew that Winnie had plenty in him. That's why he wasn't on the list. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home