The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-04-30

Cocktail of the Week

Yes, I know, I've been REALLY slacking with the "Cocktail of the Week." I think the last one I posted was in honor of Yuri's Night back on 12 April.

Even the Jet Set Brother decided to give me some crap about it. Geez.

So, I figure since today is the anniversary of the day I met the Tsar, it would be a good time to feature a particularily romantic cocktail, the Stardust.

I got it from a book called Atomic Cocktails.

1 1/2 c cracked ice, or 6 ice cubes
4 oz well chilled vodka
1 oz white creme de cacao
2 oz Goldschlager

Chill 2 martini glasses. Fill a cocktail shaker with the ice and add the vodka and white creme de cacao. Shake vigorously to blend and chill. Strain the mixture evenly into the 2 glasses. Float 1 oz of Goldschlager over the top of each drink. The gold flakes will slowly descend.


Cue up the Duke Ellington, turn off the phone, and.....enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home