The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-05-10

Japan Airlines Chief Resigns Amid Safety Concerns

Following two incidents on Sunday which forced two planes to make emergency landings, the CEO of Japan Airlines has resigned as promised. His last day will be 31 May.

Isao Kaneko is accepting responsibility for a series of safety lapses at the carrier. The first was in January, when a JAL pilot took off without approval from the air control tower. This Sunday, one plane lost pressure over Japan during a New York to Tokyo run, and another flight to Manila developed altimeter problems. The carrier had previously been publicly warned by the Transport Ministry.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm scared of flying because of stuff like this. shudder

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Oops! Sorry about the top story of the day, then, cb!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    CB,
    I have a great book for you. I picked it up at the airport and was silly enough to read it on the plane. Funny but that was what a friend did when I gave it to her as well.
    Try reading 'Airframe' on the next plane you take. :)

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    They sell that book at the airport?

    Hey, can I borrow it next time I fly? (I am one sick puppy....) It might let me have an open seat next to me on a Southwest flight sometime.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    They sold it to me anyhow...
    Yes, it is still sitting in my car. I will give it to you the next time you have a chance to catch up over wine....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home