The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-05-17

Stupid Rumor Department, Case 14-D

The latest weird rumor I've heard about the airlines, and damn if there ain't a ton of them floating around, is that carriers are refusing to pair up Christian pilots just in case the Rapture leaves the plane unmanned.

Riiiight. I think someone has been reading too many of those "Left Behind" books. Guys....look....they are fiction, ok? Not prophecy. Captain Rayford Steele does not exist, just like Pan-Continental Airlines does not exist.

The Rapture may or may not happen, but you can guarantee the airlines would be looking at huge lawsuits for religious discrimination if they asked their pilots what, if any, beliefs they have.

If you are really worked up about the Rapture, I guess you could ask the captain if he's an atheist. Or ask him if he's signed up on this site.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Actually, the "Rapture" is a fairly recent "Interpretation" of some Old and New Testament scriptures. Some Bible scholars question if it is indeed a valid "interpretation".

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Timmy said…

    And if you really believe in the "Rapture," what do you care? You've got your seat on God's left hand, right? And everyone else gets what they deserve.

    "I say, 'let 'em crash'!"

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    DB - I don't believe it myself, but, hey.....whatever gets you through the night, you know?

    I've even heard a convincing case that Revelations was really sort of an allegorical tale about ancient Rome and the persecution of the early Christians.

    That's something for the theologians to figure out. I'll be waiting for their decision whilst enjoying some potent potable at the bar.

    S-H - Man, I loved "Airplane!" I got to rent that for the Tsar someday.

    In the meantime, gentlemen, I think I'll go get some flying lessons....you know, in case I gotta "take over". ;)

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    While at Auburn University studying Architecture, 3 of my fellow Architectarians and I took a class called Old Testament. It was an eye-opener for a Southern Baptist preacher's son. We called our study sessions "Scothc and Scriptures".

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Dang, "Scotch" not "Scothc". I guess I've got thc on the brain, so to speak.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    DB,
    I dunno.... THC and Scriptures could be a unique experience as well, I imagine...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home