The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-06-30

Finnish Taxi v Norwegian Plane in Danish Smackdown!

Somebody must have gotten into the Aquavit....a cab carrying Finnish government officials crashed into the Norwegian Prime Minister's plane on the tarmac in Odense, Denmark. The plane was parked at the time.

The Prime Minister was in the car behind the Finnish delegation.

No Swedes were harmed in the accident, but I'm sure they got a big yuk out of the whole thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Timmy said…

    I thought I'd post about this somewhere, and I didn't feel like putting it on my own blog since I can't remember the airline.

    My mom, flying out of DC, took a commuter flight to Dulles, and there she sat for something like 9.5 hours while:

    a) engine problems were resolved.
    b) weather problems were resolved.
    and
    c) some freak flying over the capitol building got "resolved".

    At any rate, she sat next to some guy and they had a lovely conversation, and after everything was cleared up the boarded and Mr. Man stood near the front and hung out while folk settled in.

    He then announced himself as the president of the company, and told them how, just past Friday, the Huntsville Rotary Club had complimented his airline on being one of the most punctual and timely ones they'd ever encountered (he had been giving a speech there). Since their destination was Huntsville, he apologized profusely (my mom, who told me this story used the phrase "ate some words").

    I think it was US Airways... I'm not sure, though.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    At least the likker! Cheap ass bastards running the airlines make me sick!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home