The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-06-16

The REAL Reason I'm Never Taking Up Mountaineering

I don't know if any of you have ever read "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. If you haven't, get thee to a library or bookstore! I still think it is one of the best books I have ever read.

Anyway, towards the beginning of the book, there is a description of base camp at Mt Everest that will turn your guts. You might think that it is pristine, with crystal clear mountain streams and bracing fresh air.

Nope. No way, no how. Although this article is about Mt McKinley, the same conditions that Krakauer describes are present there.

Mountaineers are icky.

Don't try to defend this behavior. I don't wanna hear it. They're just lucky I'm not in charge of determining their punishment.

I'm just going to admire those mountains from afar. And preferably not downwind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home