The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-06-13

Think You Know the Answer?

For the longest time, the most popular tourist destinations in the world have been France, Spain, the US and Italy. However, a new country has hit the number four spot. Think you know which one?

Click here to see if you guessed right...

UPDATE: Yes, it's one of those days for me! If you are one of the unlucky ones who have to register to get to the article (Sorry DSiA!), just go to the comments to find the answer.

If you want to read the article, by all means, use my registration. Email address is "jetsetchi@netscape.net", and password is "jetsetchick".

Pinche LA Times!!!

10 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    I did not bother to register so I don't know if I am right, though I am pretty sure it is Siberia.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    No, it's a place I'm surprised you haven't been yet, DSiA.

    China.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    Yes,
    I figured on that, but I have not been to a lot of places I should have already been. I am thinking Mars or even Pluto are next.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    I'd go to Mars but I think Pluto is a real Mickey Mouse planet.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger eLarson said…

    There's certainly A LOT of business travel to China now. Word was bound to get out sooner or later.

    Do you suppose people mainly stay on the coast where the big cities are, or do they head inland to see the countryside?

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    If I ever get to go to Italy I'll just pasta time away.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    Deacon...
    Careful, cuz if you add too much pizza to that you might come back with a lean...

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    eLarson, it didn't really say, but I think that for now they're sticking to the major cities. Commies usually aren't too cool with unsupervised foreigners traipsing around.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Back in 1984 my Architecture partner took a 1 month bicycle tour of China. There were 10 cycalists and 3 "handlers". They were allowed to go pretty much where they wanted and talk to anyone they wanted as long as it wasn't a military site. He said the strangest thing they ate was 3 snake and dragon soup featuring 3 different kinds of snake and bobcat, the "dragon".

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger eLarson said…

    Bobcat?

    I think I'm gonna hurl, Wayne.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home