The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-08-10

Now I Have a Reason to Go to Hah-vahrd....

Attention, all fans of the incredibly weird! Tickets to the 2005 Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony are available for sale.

Get thee to Massachusetts on 6 October! I have no idea what has been inflicted on the scientific world since last year, but past honorees have included "The Effect of Country Music on Suicide" for the Medicine award, The Vatican for outsourcing prayers to India and thereby snagging an Economics award, and a bunch of Canadians who won the Biology prize by proving that herring communicate through farting.

Go ahead.....look it up if you don't believe me. There's even more weirdness at the link.

As soon as the "winners" are declared, I'm posting them here.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    I've been to Harvard, they have some excellant museums if you can stand the moonbats. I've been to MIT as well but they don't have any museums. I got thrown out of the MIT bar, though.

     
  • At 2:25 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    There's a bar on campus at MIT?

    Crap, I wasted all my time in liberal arts at a state school! Sigh.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    Yes, Kory, there is a bar on campus at MIT. I went there after work with some friends back in 1992. We were talking and a lady I didn't know aked me where I was from as I have a Southern accent. I said , "Alabama". She aske where I went to school and I said "Auburn University". She said, "It can't be much of a school, I've never heard of it". I said, "MIT can't be much of a school either 'cause ya'll don't even have a football team." She called me an Ignorant Southern Bastard and I called her an Arrogant Northern Bitch at which her boyfriend took umbrance. Tables were turned and beer was wasted but no punches were thrown (damnit) but I got thrown out even thought I didn't start it.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Deacon Blues said…

    P. S. I have led a very interesting life. I got to cuss out alfonse D'amato, play music with Buddy Ritch, and give arlo Guthrie a ride to his hotel. What more could a person ask for?

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    One of these days, DB, if I ever get to meet you and Connie the Short Bus Lady, the first round's on me & the Tsar! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home