The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-10-06

This is Getting Too Silly.....

I haven't been to England....yet. Someday, I'll get there.

Lately, however, it seems that the Brits have gone, well, dotty. I think that's the right word.

First, some guy said a swiggle on a Burger Thing ice cream treat "resembled" the word for Allah. Then some place called Dudley banned Piglet of Winnie the Pooh fame. I guess even looking at a cartoon representation of a possible pork product is offensive....somehow.

Now, some guys are getting their knickers in a knot over the St George's Cross banner, because maybe some Muslim will connect it to the Crusades and get offended. Apparently some prison guards made contributions to a cancer charity and received the pins in return.

Mind you, no one has actually made a complaint, yet. No Muslim prisoner has stepped forward to scream about his psychic scarring from seeing a small pin on a guard's uniform.

Chris Doyle, director of the Council for the Advancement of Arab-British Understanding (aka some wanker hanging out on the dole) says the red cross on a white field is insensitive.

So is the actual St George, according to this genius, which I find rather confusing. He thinks that England should pick a saint that represents "everyone".

I have a nomination! How about St Nigel, patron of the soccer hooligans? (Ok, I made that up....sorry!)

I eagerly await the British Robert Bly's take on this notorious band of oppressors. And every single one of the countries here treats Muslims with utter contempt.

Don't believe me? Think about this. Which group of nations provides Muslims with greater religious freedom....the last link in the previous paragraph, or these ones? Which countries have been slaughtering infidels like the Shia, Sufis, and Ismailis?

I know, I'm making sense. I'll stop now. Goodbye and goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home