The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2005-11-07

Not Dead Yet....Just Exploring!

I wish I could say that I was offline due to technical difficulties, but that would be lying. I've been off exploring the "Greater Melbourne Florida" area.

I didn't think I'd say this, but....I think I like it here.

I can actually breathe the air here and not hack late at night. I've been able to exercise at a higher intensity without my inhaler, and even felt like running this morning for the first time in years. (I still can't do it, mainly because my knees still need a bit more rest and I have to find a decent running shoe store to get a new pair before I try.)

Talk about ironic....my dad moved to Phoenix to help his asthma, and his daughter had to leave Phoenix to help her asthma.

I had also forgotten what the stars looked like late at night and what a cool evening breeze felt like.

The Tsar keeps thinking of all the big city amenities we're missing out on. I remind him that we have the internet, so we can pretty much order anything we can't find here, except maybe decent Mexican food. (Orlando's about 45 minutes away, so it's not like we are that isolated.)

But back home, we didn't have guava, papaya, mango and coconut flavored stuff like here. Or easily accessible key lime pie, decent seafood, and Publix. The Publix down the road from us is pretty cool, I have to admit. And I can't forget the beach. Or should I say, beaches.....having a selection is wonderful!

I always thought that someday I would want to move to Hawaii, but thought eventually I'd go stir crazy out there on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean. This place seems to be the best of what I liked about Hawaii (beaches, tropical food, cool breezes, clean air, laid back lifestyle, the opportunity to learn to surf) and the best of being on the mainland (can still get away to somewhere else pretty easy if I need to blow outta town).

Talk to me in six months and we'll see if I'm still entranced by the place. ;)

Right now I just got to find something to do with my sweaters.....I don't think I'll be needing them much.

And, yes, I promise to write more often!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Thoth said…

    sounz like ya fownd home. :)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    We'll see, mucky, we'll see....

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    KO,
    Ship me, via my email, the email address you respond to most often or what your grand new cell phone number is so that I can possibly meet up with you and my Orlando friends somewhere in Orlando or the like. I am losing track of things as the trip gets closer but I will be in the Central Florida area from mid-day Sat Dec. 3rd to mid-day Sunday Dec. 4th.

    -Drag

     

Post a Comment

<< Home