The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2006-01-26

Just When I Could Probably Really Use a Drink.....I Gotta Pass

"Cocktail of the Week" was a semi-regular feature here at the ol' Jet Set Chick. This year, it's going on hiatus till at least October.

Yes, I done got myself in a family way, which is why I didn't post here for a few days. I figured if I did try to post, I was going to have a hell of a time not spilling the beans before I could tell the Tsar.

Since he's the daddy, I figured he should be the first to know (well, ok....after the Jet Set Dogs, my entire OB/GYN's office and the people in the waiting room at the time, and a few people at the hospital where I went to get the blood test to confirm the results). It's been the hardest secret I have ever had to keep. The Tsar's birthday was yesterday, and I told him with a "I Love You, Daddy!" birthday card with two teddy bears on the front.

When he was finally able to speak, most of the words he was able to say were, "Wow." and "this is the best birthday present ever." Then he said, "no wonder you didn't want any beer at the brewpub at dinner."

I guess he's pleased.

Anyway, until we know if it is a boy or a girl, it's Bubba the Hitchhiker. All we do know about Bubba is.....Bubba does not like hamburgers, and isn't crazy about chocolate either. That last one, especially, is a surprise to us, considering I am (or at least was until recently) a chocoholic.

So, if there is an extended abscence on my part around here, say, approximately 2 October, give or take a couple of weeks, you know where I am. The maternity ward. That's not exactly where I wanted to spend my next birthday (yup, my due date is my birthday), but for Bubba I'll make an exception.

BTW, if any of you can think of a good name to go with "Alyona" if it is a girl, that would definitely be appreciated. The Tsar wants that in her name, either as a first or middle name. If it's a boy, it's either Joseph Michael or Joseph Mikhail in honor of the grandfathers. The grandmothers' names, Josephine and Marina, aren't even possibilities. Big nyet to that idea.

I think I know now why expectant mothers are queasy. That weird combination feeling of happiness and anticipation with a touch of being terrified could give anyone a little funny feeling in the tummy. 'Scuse me a bit, I gotta go get the featured beverage of the month around here. Ginger ale.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    No pickle and ice cream shake? :)

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still can't remember my password. This is from Deacon Blues:
    What absolutely fabulous news!! Congratulations and hugs all around!1

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    DS, that still doesn't even remotely appeal to me.

    But check back in a few months, I may change my mind.

    Thanks for the well wishes, Deacon!

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Thanks, robert! Hope you enjoy your stay around here at the Jet Set Lounge!

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger eLarson said…

    Mein Gott! How did I miss the news?!?!

    Better late than never: Congratulations to you and the Tsar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home