The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2006-01-03

So....How's Your New Year So Far?

It started off rather sedately here on the Space Coast. The Tsar had his yearly bout with bronchitis, and my first toast to 2006 was a shot of Nyquil.

Sure hope yours was better!

Anyway, we're planning to go back to Phoenix mid February for the Jet Set Brother's wedding. It ought to be, um, interesting. All I can say is......I really, really appreciate my in-laws in Russia more than I ever did before. Compared to what my brother's getting, they are absolute angels and saints. I will happily go off to work to pay their rent, if needed.

I'm not kidding.

My brother was going to pony up for airfare for his future father-in-law, his fiancee and her daughter.....but ever since the father-in-law had a hissy about the wedding not being in Texas (brother & fiancee, along with almost all of their friends live in Arizona....but, hey, not HIS problem, right?), still hasn't made up his mind about whether he will walk the bride down the aisle or not, and has started to blame the bride for his pending breakup with his fiancee even though she hasn't been near the family homestead in six months, well....let's say the offer has been withdrawn till further notice.

It's gotten to be sort of a car crash scenario going on here. I hate to look, but can't resist the next installment of "Psychoville, Texas"!

(Editor's note...I like Texas. So does the bro. I almost moved to Houston, and he almost headed out to Dallas in 2000. I have the sneaking suspicion my bro ain't heading to the Lone Star State until the in-laws decamp, however. Maybe he'll go to El Paso, but that's as close to these people as he would want to get. I just hope they don't decide to give Florida a spin....this state is weird enough as it is. Plus, I would hate for one of the alligators to get indigestion after chomping on Daddy Dear's ass.)

So, just to have some fun, I think it would be interesting to see how anyone else would send these folks off to my brother's wedding. Comfort is not a priority. Economy is a definite plus, but not required. Extras like meals, seat with a view, fresh linens, are optional, but definitely not required. The only limitation....they have to arrive in one piece. Folded, ok. Spindled? No. No wet spills, or anything requiring medical attention, since I don't know if they have health insurance or not. Mutilated? Keep it to a minimum.

Here's my choice. I'd ship 'em book rate, if I could.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger eLarson said…

    For the first time in recent memory, everyone around me got sick this year and I stayed well. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'll take it!

    Bummer about the wedding craziness. If we had it to do over again we would have hired a wedding coordinator just for the last 6 weeks or so. My Better 2/3 did a great job with the planning, but she was thoroughly sick of everything by about the end of August.

    It sounds like F-i-L-2B is having some trouble with two life-changing events at once (his daughter's wedding and his own potential wedding-or-maybe-not). Clearly he has taken the stress of the first situation, personified it to his daughter, and then blamed her for the second source of stress. Bad mojo.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Yup, he's having some "issues", apparently. Hopefully he'll straighten it out soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home