The Cranky Ol' Bat

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - RuPaul

2006-05-04

We're Just Tickled Pink Here at the Jet Set Lounge!!!

I know that this page has been pink since the beginning of this blog, but now there's an extra special reason for it to be that color.

We just got back from the doctor's office a couple of hours ago. I had an amniocentesis done to make sure everything is ok with the little one. It looks good so far on the sonogram, so we are cautiously optimistic about the results on the 16th. We did find out what Bubba is going to be according to the good doctor, though.

Drum roll, please......

Her name is Katharina Alyona, and so far, she's doing wonderfully! We're calling her Katya for short.

I better make sure me & the Tsar have our running shoes on standby, because if what we saw on the sonogram is any predictor of our future, she's one hyper little thing. I'm amazed I haven't felt anything other than butterfly flutters yet, since it looked like she was Thai kickboxing in there!

We did get a couple of pictures, of course. I like the one that's a shot of her head from face-on. She looks like an alien!

The Tsar got to hear her heartbeat for the first time today, and he's already practicing lines for when Katya's teenage dates show up. The favorites so far are: "American prisons ain't #$%^ compared to Russian prisons, trust me, I know.....the Florida penitentiary system don't frighten me......you ever see a 45 with a laser sight, boy???" I'm sure there will someday be a reference to my past job with a police department and that I promised to help him hide the bodies real good, too.

I've got to take it easy for the rest of the day. That won't be difficult, since I feel like I got kicked in the tummy and it hurts to laugh. But tomorrow...I'm getting some of those cute Easter dresses on markdown for our little future beach bunny.

Peace, love, happiness, prosperity and chocolate chip cookies to all, and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home